Matrix psychologists are frequently asked by human resource personnel and legal counsel to perform independent psychological evaluations (IPE) to determine the nature, extent, and primary cause of an employee’s psychological and emotional distress. IPEs also assess the adequacy of their psychological treatment, their “fitness” to return to work, and whether or not they are at risk for harming themselves or others.
Independent Psychological Evaluations (IPE) are often requested to validate:
- Fitness for duty or readiness to return to work after medical leave (based on mental and emotional grounds)
- What, if any, return-to-work accommodations are required (and for how long)
- Claims of emotional distress and mental anguish (due (allegedly) to wrongful termination, discrimination, and/or sexual harassment/hostile work environment)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) eligibility and accommodations.
- Social Security disability determination
- Bureau of Workers Compensation disability determination Risk Assessment-Suicide/Homicide
The first step towards sustainable profitability is placing the right people in the right positions within your organization. Put simply; it’s all about “fit.” No matter the strength of your business model, if you do not have the right people steering the ship, you will inevitably find yourself in troubled waters. This is why we developed the Matrix Leadership Pre-Employment Screening Process.
Despite amassing a group of skilled and qualified employees, organizations don’t always reach their potential. The Matrix Team Building Process harnesses the collective talents of your team rather than the abilities of each member to take productivity and innovative thinking to the next level. Find out what your team is doing well, what areas need improvement, and how strengths can better align to achieve a higher level of performance.
Over three decades of experience working with Fortune 500 executives taught us an important lesson. Leaders don’t become indispensable to their organizations for strengths in many things, but rather, for excellence in just a few. We used this insight to design our Leadership Development Program, which focuses on identifying an individual’s top strength and nurturing that quality to make them extraordinary leaders.